ENG 125 Week 2 Assignment: Annotated Bibliography
For this assignment, you will write an annotated bibliography on three sources. For detailed information on how to create your Annotated Bibliography, please see this Sample Annotated Bibliography.
In your Annotated Bibliography, you will
- Copy and paste the writing prompt you chose to explore in Week One into a Word Document.
- Restate the working thesis you created in Week One below your writing prompt.
- In this same document, identify your primary source(s) and two secondary, academic sources. If you chose to discuss two poems in your Week One Assignment, each must have its own entry in the Annotated Bibliography.
- Summarize each source and explain how the source supports your working thesis. These summaries should be 100 to 150 words for each entry.
For the Annotated Bibliography assignment, you will write annotations for three sources. One source should be a primary source. Next, you will choose two secondary sources that are additional to the text.
The two sources you locate must be academic sources and come from peer-reviewed journals or other scholarly publications. For information on finding sources within the Ashford Library, please view the ENG125 – Literature Research tutorial.
The Annotated Bibliography includes a citation of the source in APA format. It also includes a brief summary of the source.
Click each example below to expand and click twice to collapse. Alternatively, you may click here to view the following examples in PDF.
Example of the Primary Source for the Annotated Bibliography
See the example below of the primary source:
* Note: Click on the above example to view it in its original size.
Example of the Secondary Source for the Annotated Bibliography
List of Required Sources
Click each source below to expand and click twice to collapse.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.