Get the results you need with essays, dissertations and mentorship from the world's top writers and college tutorsOrder in just 3 minutes!
A non-profit organization would like you to lead a Web site development project. The organization has Internet access that includes space on a Web server, but no experience developing Web sites. In addition to creating its Web site, the organization would like you to train two people on its staff to do simple web page updates. The Web site should include the following information, as a minimum: description of the organization (mission, history, and recent events), list of services, and contact information. The organization wants the Web site to include graphics (photographs and other images) and have an attractive, easy-to-use layout.
Create a WBS for this project and enter the tasks in Microsoft Project. For the WBS, as the book states, this isn’t the part of the development that the work activities are put into logical order or where predecessor or successor work is determined. That is done for the next part of the assignment when you enter the tasks in MS Project. Link the tasks as appropriate in MS Project (using dependencies – Dependencies are discussed at the beginning of the next chapter if you need clarity.) Some (but not all so add more) of the specific analysis, design, and implementation tasks:
- Collect information on the organization in hard copyand digital form (brochures, reports, organization charts, photographs, and so on).
- Research Web sites of similar organizations.
- Collect detailed information about the customer’s design preferences and access to space on a Web server.
- Develop a template for the customer to review (background color for all pages, position of navigation buttons, layout of text and images, typography, including basic text font and display type, and so on).
- Create a site map or hierarchy chart showing the flow of Web pages.
- Digitize the photographs and find other images for the Web pages; digitize hard copy text.
- Create the individual Web pages for the site.
- Test the pages and the site.
- Implement the Web site on the customer’s Web server.
- Get customer feedback.
- Incorporate changes.
- Create training materials for the customer on how to update the Web pages
- Train the customer’s staff on updating the Web pages.
Add the remaining tasks for this project. Make sure that you set the dependencies for each task. This assignment does not require you to put together a WBS Dictionary. Just need to complete a WBS and Gantt Chart. The list of information above is what the dictionary would entail for each work package. Your work packages (tasks) summarize each of the sentence with as few words as possible but still gives some indication to what the task is. Example: #1 – Collect info hard copy and digital form; #2 – Research Web sites. etc. The dictionary would be more specific and provide clarification on the work packages.
Attach the MS Project document to this assignment link. This assignment is due at the end of the academic week. It is worth 50 points, and a good, complete WBS will get full credit. Any misspellings or grammar issues will result in deductions from the total score. This assignment’s score will appear in the online grade book following the end academic week.