GSCM540 all weeks discussion , case paper and course papers – Entire Course
Devry GSCM540 ALL Weeks Course Papers Included
Devry GSCM540 Week 1 Discussion DQ 1 & DQ 2
Purchasing Function (graded)
Discuss the issue of centralization versus decentralization as it applies to the purchasing function. Be sure to discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of each.
Purchasing Integration (graded)
It has been suggested that the purchasing function should be integrated with the strategic and competitive goals of the firm. Using your own organization as a reference point, discuss how well its purchasing function is integrated. Be sure to explain the benefits and weaknesses of the current arrangement.
Devry GSCM540 Week 2 Discussion DQ 1 & DQ 2
Quality Function (graded)
There are at least three expert views of the quality function. Define the one you agree with and explain why.
Inventory Management and Just-In-Time Inventory (graded)
What are the differences between the classical EOQ inventory system and MRP? Give an example of a where you should choose one over the other and explain why.
Devry GSCM540 Week 3 Discussion DQ 1 & DQ 2
Purchasing Procedures (graded)
What are reverse auctions and EDI? How have they changed the purchasing function? Find an example of a company using reverse auctions to explain your answer.
Supplier’s Information (graded)
What are some of the ways in which you can get information about your suppliers? Explain which you feel to be most effective and why.
Devry GSCM540 Week 4 Discussion DQ 1 & DQ 2
Make Versus Buy (graded)
What is meant by make or buy? Then describe some of the key make or buy success factors and explain what factors make this decision process difficult.
Given the popularity of an “America First” mentality toward industry, there are potential public relations risks to an outsourcing decision. Explain how a company can justify a decision to outsource to (a) its shareholders and (b) the general community?
Devry GSCM540 Week 5 Discussion DQ 1 & DQ 2
Differences Between Six-Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and Taguchi Methods (graded)
Discuss the differences between six-sigma, statistical process control, and Taguchi methods. Provide examples where one would be more useful than the others and explain why.
Learning Curve Phenomenon and Theory (graded)
Discuss what is meant by the learning curve phenomenon and the assumptions that drive learning curve theory. Provide some examples of how the firm can implement and utilize learning curve theory.
Devry GSCM540 Week 6 Discussion DQ 1 & DQ 2
Supplier Partnerships and Supply Chain Power (graded)
What are some of the challenges in establishing a supply partnership? Be sure to discuss both the operational and interpersonal issues that can complicate these relationships.
Bargaining and Negotiations (graded)
Discuss the differences between distributive and integrative bargaining. Explain how you determine which is best for what type of purchasing negotiations and how you would go about creating the appropriate psychological environment to make those negotiations successful.
Devry GSCM540 Week 7 Discussion DQ 1 & DQ 2
Legal Aspect of Purchasing (graded)
What things does a purchasing agent need to consider in order to ensure that he or she is not exposing the company to undue contractual risks?
Global Sourcing (graded)
Discuss the behavioral and cultural issues that a purchasing agent needs to be aware of in order to ensure a successful global sourcing program. Explain how best to manage these issues
Devry GSCM540 ALL Weeks Case Paper
Devry GSCM540 Week 2 Case Paper
Case: MARS (D) #15
- What were MARS total costs per year prior to the new price structure when the diesel engine price was $4,800? Was Mars’s using the EOQ method?
- With the volume purchase discounts and warehouse constraints, what is the best ordering quantity?
- With the change in supplier and the resulting addition of volume purchase discounts and different transportation rates, how are costs and EOQs affected?
- What is the difference between all-unit quantity discount and incremental discount schedules? How would the costs and EOQs differ? Which would be preferable assuming that both share the same cost figures?
- How will these changes impact the Lean Manufacturing Philosophy at MARS? What would be the resulting changes in inventory levels?
Devry GSCM540 Week 3 Case Paper
Case: The ARMS Procurement System at Tustin State University #3
- Use flow diagrams to show the differences between the new and old system.
- How should Christina solve the errors in the ARMS purchasing module? How do you recommend searching through 280,000 vendor catalogs?
- There are also a significant number of errors in the vendor database. The ARMS system cannot decipher between a vendor’s billing address and its shipping address. What should you recommend?
- If the invoice does not match the purchase order exactly, the account clerk and purchasing must research the purchase order and identify where the error occurred. What is your recommendation?
Devry GSCM540 Week 4 Case Paper
Case: Firebird Electric, U.S. #11
- Calculate the differences between make, buy, and outsourcing decisions, and provide your recommended option.
- How should the suppliers be selected if the buy option is chosen? Give a step-by-step approach to the selection and evaluation process.
Devry GSCM540 Week 5 Case Paper
Case: Carter Systems Canada, Inc. #9
- How does the cost breakdown of the previous orders and Mr. Travis’ estimate differ? What can be inferred about the nature of the new product from the cost breakdown estimation?
- How can each item of a cost breakdown be interpreted in regard to each other and the quoted company? Of all the cost breakdown items, which items are more important and open to negotiation?
- What factors might have caused the variance between D & G Technologies’ quotation and Mr. Travis’ estimate? Between D & G Technologies’ quotation and Bell Systems’ quotation? Between SOT and the two lowest quotes?
- In light of your answer to the above question, what conclusions can you draw concerning (a) the reliability and usefulness of cost estimates made by the buyer, and (b) the value to be gained from the comparison of one supplier’s quotation with the others?
Devry GSCM540 Week 6 Case Paper
Case: TEMKO Earthmovers #23
- What could be inferred about the supplier market conditions from the response for the request for quote? How would the supplier market conditions influence the decision to expand outsourcing policy?
- Discuss and define the difference between single sourcing and sole sourcing in regard to the relationship between TEMKO and ACE Manufacturing. Include an evaluation of ACE Manufacturing’s requests and what could be inferred from them.
- According to ACE Manufacturing, what would the resulting cost reduction from outsourcing to ACE Manufacturing be? Discuss the probable sources of this cost reduction. What would be the consequence of exploiting these sources to TEMKO and ACE Manufacturing?
Devry GSCM540 Week 7 Case Paper
Case: Eastern Waves, Inc. #10
- As Jon James, please write a critique analyzing the situation in Malaysia for Mr. Patton. What recommendations do you suggest?
- How can Code C avoid future sourcing disruptions? How should Code C critically analyze future global sourcing alternatives?