/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Week 10 Bi-Weekly Assignment: Quiz & Discussion for Units 9 & 10
Due: March 30, 2018
Quiz for Units 9 & 10 /5 Marks
Please answer these questions in the space provided. For short answer questions, please only write two or three sentences at most.
1. The term “traditional Aboriginal medicine” is problematic because:
2. The re-emergence of traditional Aboriginal healing accelerated in which decade?
3. What does medical pluralism refer to?
4. Traditional Aboriginal healers and their body of knowledge is generally:
a. Uniform across cultures
b. Specific to one culture and not applicable to others
c. Open to new ways
d. Individualistic and idiosyncratic
5. Which statement best describes bad medicine:
a. It may result from a breach of the moral standards of society
b. It is not possible to cure with healing ceremony
c. It can be treated by visiting a medical doctor
d. It is random event
6. Which of the following is NOT an issue that relates to the revitalization of traditional Aboriginal healing?
a. Increase in demand
b. A change in how services are provided
c. A shortage of healers
d. Declining community interest
7. The James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (1975) is significant for Aboriginal health studies because:
8. What did The Indian Health Transfer Policy allow for?
9. The Aboriginal Healing Foundation results from which document/event?
10. A significant change that has resulted from Aboriginal self-determination in health is:
a. More culturally-appropriate health services
b. Replacing traditional approaches with biomedical approaches
c. A rejection of biomedical approaches
d. Increased and expanded health funding
Discussion Reflection /5 Marks
Please answer on a separate sheet of paper. This reflection response is expected to be between 250-500 words, using proper English grammar and sentence structure.
Pound maker’s Lodge Treatment Centre has successfully been in operation since 1973. The central paradigm of Pound maker’s Lodge is Aboriginal holism. By reviewing the material on the website, provide commentary on what holism means and why you think it is effective.