/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Your appreciation of your internship (5 pages)
This section is the most important of your report. Please reflect on the following points.
1. Describe how your experience in the internship corresponds to your general career objectives.
– Currently a 4th year finance student at the Telfer School of Management. Crypto is a form of currency i.e. has to do with finance. Since most countries are currently in the process of regulating crypto it seems like it would be beneficial to me in the near future.
2. Did it reinforce your decision to work in this particular field upon graduation? Did it cast doubts on this decision?
– Still a student – enjoyed the experience, no doubts
3. What were some of your favorite and least favorite tasks you accomplished? Why?
– Enjoyed learning about the different tokens/exchanges and where most countries are right now when it comes to regulating crypto
– Although it was a different token each wee, the work was a bit redundant and sometimes there wasn’t enough information on a particular token.
4. What skills and abilities did you develop? What did you learn? What did you not have a chance to learn but you wish you did?
– research, analytical, writing/reporting, group work
– learned a lot about crypto currencies and the technology behind it
5. What are some of the skills you have learned at school that have helped you perform well in this internship? If you have trouble with this section, brainstorm about specific courses that apply to all professional environments, such as your presentations course or your organizational behavior course as well as specific courses that relate to your field of internship.
– writing, research, analyzing
6. Are there some newly acquired skills that will help you in school?
– I just finished my live case for the course equity valuation (ADM4350). The live case had to tasks;
– 1 – value Shopify using a DCF and RV
– 2 – hypothetical scenario of adopting cryptocurrency and the effect it would have on them financially
– For task 2 I didn’t feel like I had to research a great deal like my classmates, I already had a lot of knowledge about crypto from my internship and was very confident going into the live case – also aced my live case! If you need specifics on this please message me and let me know.
7. What have you learned about yourself?
– That even though I am older than my peers, I can still compete with younger minds (34 as oppose to 21)
– If I put my mind to something, I can do it
8. How does this internship change your approach to looking for a job in the future?
– not sure if it does – might impress some people and might not
Conclusion (1 page)
Concluding thoughts and brief retrospective
– Spacing: 1.5 or 1.15
– Margins: Normal (1”)
– Size: Letter paper (8.5” X 11”)
– 12 points/Times New Roman font OR 11 points/Calibri font
Originally posted 2018-04-15 16:53:50.