/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Assessment Task 2: Research Plan
Assessment Task 2 Description (60%) 3,000 words
In the second task are required to submit a written assignment that outlines a potential research plan. For this assignment students are asked to identify a current educational issue or problem that requires research to identify appropriate solutions. Students are to develop and present a research plan to address the issue or problem including a justification of the questions, methods and data that will be used.
The submitted paper should include:
· A brief introduction, setting out the specific education problem and ideally summarize the argument in the paper submitted for Assignment 1.
· Describe the issue and its significance. Why is it important? Why is research needed to address the issue or question?
· Outline a research design to respond to this issue including:
– the aims of the research, specific research questions,
– methodology and the data (type, availability and collection) you will use to address these questions
– the identification of the participants of the study, the sample size (if applicable) the method of recruitment (if applicable), how access to the study site(s) will be negotiated
– and how findings will be analysed.
· Provide a justification for each of these components including the type of data, in relation to the overall aims of the research.
Assessment Criteria (60%; 60 marks)
1. Identification of an education research problem including justification of why it is a significant issue for research
2. Clearly articulated research question(s) addressing the research problem
3. Development and communication of an appropriate research design addressing the research question(s)
4. Justification of the research approach addressing each of the components in the research design, including details on how findings will be analysed
5. The paper effectively communicates with the broader scholarly community. The paper is accessible to a broad audience and includes the clarification of key or specialist terms and minimizes jargon. The submitted paper is free from spelling, grammatical and typographical errors. It meets the required length and complies with Australian academic rules and conventions. It is referenced through the consistent and accurate use of a recognised referencing style, preferably APA (American Psychological Association) OR Harvard.
Originally posted 2018-05-15 11:08:50.