Further notes / Customer remarks and information on the implementation:
Topic of Dissertation
Topic(s) or issue(s) to be investigate for the Dissertation.
These must clearly indicate what your aims /objectives / research questions will be.
Business Alliances are common across international corporations and represent an important element in a company’s strategy to sustain in the market. However if done right, a company can receive access not only to talent and additional market segments (or enter into a new market), but also gain access to intelligence and therewith potentially diversify or even rid business segments for the sake of the overall success and hence sustainability of the company.
The research questions:
“What business value do alliances pose to an organization and how can management make use of it as a strategic instrument to ensure corporate success?
What facts or information are needed?
Literature research on the topics of alliances and business partnerships (plus M&A potentially, as it goes hand in hand at times).
• How have alliances made an impact on corp. success?
• What is the view of executives/top management on alliances?
• What variants of business alliances exist?
• Are they specific to industries?
• In how far is a strategy dependent on alliances?
• What can go wrong in general?
Other information I assume relevant are:
• Case studies (most of which will be available in journals and the various books)
• Real-world examples (also research-based and available I assume)
• and information on how executives and top management evaluates the option of forming alliances (also mostly research work).
A good start, you now may work up the final proposal. It needs a literature review, and do ensure that you use the Harvard system in constructing the bibliography and referencing.
STRUCTURE AND FORMAT OF THE FINAL PROPOSAL – What is needed?
• Research Question
• Literature review
• Methodology – why selected, how it will answer the question as asked, what access to people/organisations is required, and is access guaranteed.
• Foreseen limitations
• Research schedule/Timeline
Originally posted 2017-11-23 22:07:25.