/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
HEALTH PROFESSIONS EDUCATION – EDUC 201
ASSIGNMENT 3 – LITERATURE RESEARCH (weight in final grade, 20%).
In order to keep up-to-date with advances in health care services, health care professional are increasingly required to read and analyze vast amounts of new research. Moreover, healthcare professional are required to take part in research activities themselves. With this in mind, students will be introduced to Health Professions Research, in particular, literature review, process of literature review, how to conduct literature review using electronic data base, etc.
This assignment will provide students the opportunity to carry out a literature search on any topic of their choice. Students can use this opportunity to pursue their research interests and it may be useful to choose a topic relevant to your chosen studies/profession. The requirements of the assignment are as follows:
· Each student will submit a literature review of approximately 2 pages in length. This does not include the reference section.
· The literature review must be limited to research in the last 15 years of publications.
· Each literature review must contain at least four (4) key search terms, (e.g., depression, adults, Saudi Arabia, treatment). The search could be single or a combination of terms, but does not have to have all 4 terms simultaneously. For example, key search term(s) could be, ‘depression’ or a combinations of key terms, ‘depression and Saudi Arabia’, Adult depression’, ‘depression and treatment’ etc.
· Once you have completed your key search using the electronic data base, summarize your findings in the two page assignment.
· Please use prose form (i.e., written language that show a grammatical structure and natural flow of speech) for the assignment.
· Present the information as an introduction section of a journal article, using a funnel approach, starting with the general view and condensing the information to the specific view/gap in research.
· Use the Vancouver style for references.
· Once you have completed the assignment, upload it to the Blackboard through the SafeAssign program.
· The assignment has a simple marking format:
o Completed assignment uploaded prior to the deadline will receive full marks, 20% weighting of final grade.
o If you fail to upload your assignment, you will receive a 0 mark.
o Any assignment showing plagiarism over 30% (excluding references) will be penalized 50% of the mark. Plagiarism includes submitting a paper done by another student (for this course or another course) or submitting your own work from another course.
· Please refer to the block coordinator for any queries or further questions.
· The deadline for the assignment is the end of week 14. Absolutely NO assignments will be accepted after this time, so be sure to submit your assignments early.