/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Assignment #1 Stratified Ownership
HOST 3113. Stratified Ownership
Assignment #1 25%
Vacation ownership is the fastest growing segment of the travel industry, and has enjoyed significant growth for the past few decades (Scoviak, 2004 ; Hayward, 2005 ; Gilligan, 2006; Ragatz, 2007 ). The vacation ownership industry generates revenues of over US $ 9.4 billion per annum, with 6.7 million owners in 270 countries worldwide (Organisation for Timeshare in Europe, 2007 ). The economic impact of the vacation ownership industry is signifi cant, with the United States reporting a $ 91.8 billion economic impact on the US economy for the year 2006, and Australia reporting a $ 698 million economic impact on the Australian Economy ( Australian Timeshare and Holiday Ownership Council, 2004 ; American Resort Development Association, 2007 ). Extract from Bender Stringam (2010). Journal of Retail & Leisure Property Vol. 9, 1, 37–54.
- A comparison of vacation ownership amenities with hotel and resort hotel amenities
August 2008, Volume 7, Issue 3, pp 186–203
The above extract and links should give you the beginning of an understanding of the concept of ‘stratified ownership’. Based on these readings and your study of Revenue Management, outline why you think this may be a good way forward for managing revenue in the hospitality industry.
· Research the topic of ‘stratified ownership’ and write a brief overview of the concept.
· Outline any challenges with this model (resort, hotel or other).
· Propose another area of hospitality where you can argue that multiple owners may be considered.
· At least 3 additional references should be considered and included.
· College level English, grammar, and APA format expected.
· See course policies for the general rubric. Below for marks.
- Research __/15
- Challenges __/5
- Other area of hospitality __/5
- Format, APA, College level English, Canadian Spelling __/-2
§ (You can lose up 2 marks for not meeting expectations).
Originally posted 2018-03-24 22:10:15.