Individual assignment (3500 words excluding references). As the HR manager in a medium sized Australian accounting company with joint venture investments in Japan, Germany and Indonesia, write a company policy covering expatriate assignments. The policy should be based on leading practices, and cover selection, pre-departure, during assignment, and post assignment issues, including aspects addressed in Vance (2016) Chapters 6-10, as well as material from your readings. Your company’s strategy is based on the provision of quality services at a competitive (but not the lowest) price. The company has a very strong equal opportunity culture, and the policy also needs to address issues relating to women and minorities. The report needs to be written as a policy document, not an essay, but you must include in text references and a reference list indicating where you have sourced your best practice concepts. This list must include at least 12 quality articles (excluding the textbook). The articles need to be from academic references; the remainder can be from reputable consulting company reports.
Assessment Criteria for Task 3 are based on the following (a marking rubric will be provided):
· Key issues have been developed
· Synthesis of the relevant literature used.
· Ideas and assertions substantiated through use of high quality reference material and key academic perspectives/views
· Explicit linking of the literature to the policy.
· The avoidance of opinions or arguments that are not substantiated by quality references.
· Clear and comprehensive written style (spelling, grammar, syntax.)
· Appropriate Harvard style referencing (intext and list of references)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Originally posted 2017-10-16 18:05:55.